Re-Elect Leon N. Wilmot Sheriff
Your vote for Leon Wilmot will ensure that you and the citizens of Yuma County continue to receive the quality customer service that we as a community expect from our dedicated law enforcement professionals with SERVICE, COMMITMENT and fiscal responsibility as the main priorities of the Yuma County Sheriff’s Office.
Hi, I'm Leon Wilmot and I am running for re-election as your Yuma County Sheriff.
I bring to the community 35 years of law enforcement and leadership experience with the Yuma County Sheriff’s Office, of which the last 7-1/2 years were as your Sheriff.
My time in service with the Sheriff’s Office qualifies me as the only candidate with the unique background, understanding and experience to take the Sheriff’s Office to the next level of service to this community. The future of law enforcement depends on the understanding of criminal and public administrative issues, the political, legal and social environments of policing, and advanced technical issues which govern our society for which we are responsible.
I have the knowledge, experience, leadership skills and ability needed to manage a complex and professional law enforcement organization that is dedicated to the community’s needs.
As Sheriff of Yuma County, we focused on
- Ensuring the safety of the most vulnerable amongst us by providing a high profile presence of law enforcement professionals in your neighborhoods.
- Implementing more youth programs that build bridges to our next generation and opens lines of communication and cooperation to our future leaders.
- Continuing collaborative efforts between the various Law Enforcement Agencies.
- Continuing to solicit additional funding to increase Patrol without burdening local tax payers and keeping taxes down.
My goals for my next term include:
- Continue to serve the citizens of Yuma County and our nation with integrity, dedication and honor.
- Continue to solicit additional funding to put more Deputies on the street without burdening local taxpayers and keeping taxes down.
- Continue to save the tax payers money by being fiscally responsible.
- Continue to work with local, state and federal partners to secure our border from the criminal element.
- Continuing to partner with the County School District Grants Manager to assist them with applying for full time School Resource Officers in our schools.
- Continue collaborative efforts between the various state, local and federal law enforcement agencies in order to maximize effectiveness.
- Continue our current collaboration with the court system to bring a veterans court program to Yuma County to help our veterans who are dealing with challenges and provide them a positive resource program to keep them out of the criminal justice system and our facility.
- Educate our legislature on the importance of addressing mental health issues in our state. In particular, the need for more resources for mental health organizations for the continuity of care to prevent self-medication and reduce recidivism in our jails.
- Implement an educational video and information resource series for parents to give them tools on what to look for to prevent and educate their children on not only the dangers of drug use, but also on how it can impact their futures, and how to avoid being exploited by the criminal element.
I am the only candidate that has been time tested and proven in overseeing all the operations that are the responsibility of the Sheriff.
As a former Marine and your Sheriff, I will continue to serve the citizens of Yuma County and our nation with integrity, dedication and honor. I will continue to work to make our community a safe place to live work and play.
Remember - Vote Leon Wilmot for Yuma County Sheriff.
Learn about Sheriff Leon Wilmot's years of experience with the YCSO.
List of pages included in this website.